Black and white are the colors of photography. To me they symbolize the alternatives of hope and despair to which mankind is forever subjected.
Light is meaningful only in relation to darkness, and truth presupposes error. It is these mingled opposites which people our life, which make it pungent, intoxicating. We only exist in terms of this conflict, in the zone where black and white clash.
Things are not quite so simple always as black and white.
1. At least five people in the last month have told me that they like my haircut. They’re so kind. The catch is…
I HAVEN’T CUT MY HAIR IN LIKE 4 MONTHS.
So either it’s all falling out (please NO!) or someone is cutting it in my sIeep. Awesome.
Crazy eyes to underscore my point. (Photo Credit : Erica Baker)
2. I’ve been rocking out to the Elle King iTunes Radio station since last week. Really ❤ it!
3. Can it not be winter anymore? I’ve over the cold.
(Photo Credit : ME)
4. Speaking of being over the cold, I have about 5 million pictures from my trip to Miami last week and I’ll blog them as soon as I figure out how to get them off my phone. What has two thumbs and is technically challenged? THIS GIRL.
5. I really like flamingos. I call this one Ferdinand.
I’m still holding on to the warmth of the beach. If I close my eyes and hold my blowdryer up to my face I can still imagine Miami. Unfortunately, I eventually have to open my eyes and realize that there’s snow on the ground. Oh well, today’s inspiration is my attempt to hold onto the warmth of the beach and the vibrance of life in Miami for as long as possible. Join me won’t you?
Sometime’s life sends you last minute surprises in the shape of cheap tickets to one of your favorite places. I’m spending a few days in Miami soaking up sunshine, blue water and creative inspiration. Basically, I’m in heaven. I’m sure to be posting about it next week when I get back, but in the meantime feel free to hop over to instagram to follow along. I’ll try to keep the selfie to regular post ratio good.