There are days that the urge to give up is overwhelming. Throwing in the towel and quitting seem like the only logical option. It can feel like taking the next breath or the next step is just too much to handle. Problems loom and seem to block out the light of hope. It can feel like everything in life has joined forces with the express purpose of ensuring you never succeed…ever.
Those days suck.
Like for reals, they are the worst.
I unfortunately am not immune to those days. They happen more frequently than I would like but over the years there’s a couple of things I’ve realized and have to remind myself of frequently.
1. Those days are just…days. Even though sometimes they string together and feel like a never-ending trial. The truth is they will end. There will be a better day. You will succeed. The sun will shine again. (cue: Annie)
2. You have what it takes. You have to believe it. Even if you don’t feel like it. You have what it takes. Tell yourself that…in the mirror…out loud…every day. It will help.
3. Baby steps are still steps. Just keep moving. They may feel like the smallest improvements, but every step counts.
4. You’re not alone. That’s it. You’re not. Ever.
5. The urge to quit is usually the greatest right before you are about to succeed. Things are about to change. Don’t give up too soon. So many people miss out because they stop too soon. Hang on just a little longer. (click on the link for one of my favorite songs)
So today, if you feel like quitting, I hope this helps. Please know that I’m praying for you. You’re not the only one that feels this way. I’ve been there many times (as recently as last week). Things will get better. If it feels like the urge is intensifying, know that change is around the corner. There is so much good in your future.